Where did the time go?
Somehow while you weren’t paying attention, your life just passed you by.
Now you’re racing past forty and you can’t help but think your best years are behind you.
You look at your life and it’s not quite what you imagined or wanted.
And it wasn’t that long ago you were bubbling with excitement at the life ahead of you.
Remember those big dreams and exciting visions of the future you used to have?
What happened to them?
Did you leave them behind to focus on your responsibilities? You had family, work, and a long list of obligations to take care of. Perhaps an opportunity came your way and took you in another direction? So you just drifted along with it. Or did you encounter a setback, one you just never quite recovered from?
Whatever the reason, it’s led you here.
Feeling stuck in a life you’d rather not be living.
A life that feels mediocre and stagnant.
A life where you wake up most days feeling frustrated and unfulfilled.
And maybe it’s because you’re getting older but you’re increasingly aware of your mortality. You feel a sense of urgency like never before. You catch yourself thinking:
‘Surely there must be more to life than this!’
I know exactly how you feel.
You see, it wasn’t that long ago that I too felt stuck.
My life on the face of it wasn’t that bad. I had a good job, friends and family. Yet most days I woke up to a life I hated. I was frustrated and dissatisfied yet couldn’t quite put my finger on why.
My light-bulb moment came while sitting in a meeting at work.
After a prolonged discussion over some burning issue (I don’t even remember the details now) it dawned on me that I really didn’t care about the outcome. I’d spent the last couple of hours debating a point that in the grand scheme of things wouldn’t make any difference.
How many hours, days, years of my life had I wasted on things that just didn’t matter?
How had I arrived here, in my forties, living life on a schedule that I had conformed to but never intentionally created? A schedule of work-sleep-repeat where 7 day working weeks were the norm.
That was my wake-up call and I made a decision that day to reevaluate my life. I promised myself that I was not going to just go through the motions ever again. That I would figure out what really mattered to me no matter how long it took. And so my journey of self-discovery began.
That was some years ago now but here’s what happened.
- I realised that I was so busy catering to everyone else’s priorities that I’d forgotten what was really important to me.
- I was forced to be honest about what I wanted and learned that taking the first step was more important than being perfect.
- Somewhere along the way I figured out my values and ignited my passions.
- I was inspired to reconnect with old hobbies but also became curious and open to new ideas.
- I discovered the joys of solo travel, a fascination with neuroscience and gave voice to a long lost yearning to write.
Has it been smooth sailing?
I’ve lost focus at times, battled with self doubt and fallen back into old habits. But each time I have been able to use what I’ve learned to get back on track and to keep going.
Through my writing I was able to connect with others who were going through similar experiences and challenges. And I realised that I wasn’t the only one who felt that there was something missing.
There were others out there like me who had woken up too and understood that they could be more and do more. That they weren’t too old to create the lives they wanted. That they could be inspired to change at any age.
But there were also others who didn’t believe they could. Those who thought it was too late for them. Those who had all but given up on themselves believing that they had to settle for mediocrity.
I’m determined to change that.
And so the idea of Inspired After Forty was born.
- Are you a mid-lifer who’s frustrated with your life but feel you’re too old to change it?
- Do you feel like your life is just passing you by and you desperately want to make a change?
- Do you know deep down that there’s more for you but you just can’t figure out what it is?
- Do you know what you want but just can’t seem to make it happen?
- Have you tried and failed over and over to make that change stick?
Here’s what I’ve learned.
Your life doesn’t have to be this way. You really do have the power to make lasting change but it starts by first taking responsibility.
“For things to change for you, you’ve got to change.” Jim Rohn.
And here at Inspired After Forty I will show you how.
I will show you:
- How to figure out what you want.
- How to overcome self doubt.
- How to find the courage to take action now before it’s too late.
- How to get through those challenges that try to hold you back.
- How to create the life you once only dreamed about.
Inspired After Forty is for those of us who somewhere along the way neglected our own dreams. It’s for those of us who know that the time to do something about it is now.
Are you ready?
Then just enter your best email address below to download your free copy of my handy guide: ‘Stuck in a midlife slump? Five incredibly useful tips that will get you going today!’.
You’ll also be notified about my latest posts, packed with actionable ideas, science-backed tips and strategies on how to make those changes you want. I will share inspiring stories of other mid-lifers who are making things happen and living life on their terms. I will show you why it’s never too late to start.
‘’A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step”, Lao Tzu.
Will you take that step?
Come join me today.